Thursday, March 04, 2010

Here we are again...







So despite my last post about being back and not slacking so much on the posting, here we are again 3 months later with no posts! A number of things contributed to this: I left my camera in a pocket and it went throught laundry (this happened in August), my laptop got a virus in December and all my pictures are stuck on an external hard drive that I've yet to figure out (dead laptop replaced with my aunt's-thanks Debbie!), and I got an Ipod Touch that now gets all my attention thus resulting in the new laptop not getting turned on nearly as much.



So as a result of all these sad events (does not apply to new laptop and ipod) I've let the blogging fall to the wayside.



With that, I'm going to start posting regularly again, as I have a lot more time on my hands. I was unfortunately laid off at the end of January and have had lot more time with the nugget (the upside). At 21 months, Niko doesn't say too many words yet but you could ask to bring you the hat with the airplanes that's hanging next to his coat and he'll follow through with no problem. Some words that he is saying are are da, mama, gamma (or ma for grandma), rara (Kali), Lola, down and stay (favorites with all dogs).



He loves Curious George (maybe a little too much, sometimes he sounds like he's speaking monkey) and torturing Lola, which she gives right back to him. He tries to ride her, gives her constant suffocating hugs, kisses her, walking her around the house on her leash and trying to hold her leg when she walks (he got in trouble for this one today!) She returns all this love with pulling his socks/slippers off while he's walking, stealing his stuffed animals, chewing any new, nice wooden toys (99% of them have lovely chew marks) and knocking him over for whatever he's carrying around and eating (which we try and avoid for this reason). He must pick up on the fact that she thinks she's starving (despite being 5 lbs overweight) because he finds it hilarious to cast aside whatever food he doesn't want to her who anxiously awaits under his high chair. We had to move the dog food bin on top of the dishwasher because he was also taking the liberty of hand feeding her--Lola was very sad when we caught onto this! He must think that if he's sharing his human food, she should share her dog water. He's notorious for going into the kitchen, laying down on his belly and drinking the dogwater! This is driving me crazy and I've tried explaining that the dog water is not for him, that he needs to try and tell me somehow that he's thirsty, that doing this makes his clothes soaking wet (literally he soaks his shirt, pants, socks) and I've tried time outs. Clearly none of these are working and I don't know where else I can put the dog water that Lola can get to it but not Niko.



So that's a little bit of what's been going on in the last few months. Obviously, these two keep me on my toes (and drive me a little crazy) so there won't be any shortage of things to talk about.

No comments: